Workshops and Webinars
Upcoming Workshops and Webinars
District Nature Play Based Workshop
Tuesday, March 26th, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
@ Milton Public Library
Growing Up Wild is an early childhood education program designed for (ages 3-7) that builds on a children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. The GUW curriculum has received several awards including a Family Choice Award, and a Renewable Natural Resource Foundation Excellence in Journalism Award. There are a wide range of activities in the manual for librarians as educators to use.
In an effort to be inclusive, this workshop will be held at the Milton Public Library in Northumberland County. We will hold an additional Nature Based program, Trees and Me in the northern region of the district in September. We need at least 10 registrants to hold the program. All participants will receive a copy of the Growing Up Wild activity guide.
The activity guide, Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children:
- Is written especially for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
- Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature-based, ready-made thematic units and over 400 experiences in a full-color activity guide.
- Includes outdoor explorations, scientific inquiry, art projects, music and movement, conservation activities, reading and math connections and “Healthy Me” extensions
- Involves social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
- Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially, and culturally appropriate.
- Is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and the Head Start Domains
Fee: $30.00, payable by check to James v Brown Library. For credit card options, contact Nina at email@example.com.
The fee will cover the cost of the activity guide, and lunch. Parking is free at the Milton Public Library.
Resources for Webinars
Receive Continuing Education Credit for online workshops or webinars you complete. You can mail your information from this: Webinar Evaluation Form (PDF). Use these forms to receive CE credit for online workshops or webinars you attend.