- This event has passed.
Preparing for an Armed Intruder Training
March 9 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
For District Member Libraries only:
Lowry Room, James V Brown Library
Presenters: Rick Capozzi with Survival Mindset Co. and subject matter experts from his team.
Survival Mindset, started and taught by Rick Capozzi, aims to effectively communicate and provide average citizens with enhanced awareness and a better and faster response time in high-pressure active shooter scenarios, to prepare for a day we hope never comes.
- Personal self defense and how to protect library patrons
- Drills, demonstrations and a building walkthrough with what-if scenarios
- Help in identifying pre-threat indicators
- What to do in case of an injury until responders arrive on scene
- Self-reliance when police are too far away
- High-tech, low-tech, or no-tech items that can be used for securing the building in the event of an intruder.
9:30 AM — Arrival and refreshments
10:00 AM – Training
Noon – Working Lunch
1:00 PM – Demonstrations and walkthrough
3:00 PM – Evaluations and wrap up
Registration is open and closes March 2. Please register here using the sign-up form
Fee: $20.00. $15.00 without parking pass if carpooling. Please make checks payable to James V Brown Library and send them to Karen Confer, James V Brown Library, 19 E 4th Street, Williamsport, PA 17701. If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact me for instructions.
James V Brown Library will be closed March 9 for this training. Entering and exiting the building will be limited. Please arrive between 9:30 and 10:00AM. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
5 Continuing education credits will be issued to participants.